Category Archives: Beers and Ciders
I’ve ordered a load of wood for the old log burner so I guess it must be.
Anyway I’m sure you’re all keen to know what’s on tonight:
- Great Uncle John Prohibition Ale, 4.6% Red Ale from Milk Street
- Essex Boys, 3.8% Amber from Crouch Vale
- Cask Pilsner from Lancaster Ales @ 4.5%
- Smokescreen smoked porter from Arbor @ 5.5%
STOP PRESS FOR GIN LOVERS………….
Keep your eyes peeled for 3 more on the shelves soon. I must stop going to Magnum gin tastings!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ll post this before I come out from behind the sofa to watch England v Australia. Nervous? Apprehensive? You bet…………..
Tackle down under from Ramsbury (3.9%)
Dark Lane Porter (5.5%) and Doing Little Bitter (4.2%) from Castle Combe
Now that’s done I can start chewing my fingernails again.
Tonight, for your delight and delectation we have:
Great Dane & Great Bustard (4.6% Pale & 4.8% Amber) from Stonehenge
Beautiful British Beer, favoured by Al Murray – the pub landlord (4% pale) brewed by Gadd’s in Ramsgate
Nero by Milton a lovely black beer at 5%
Up and coming are two Oakham beers, Citra (4.2%) and Green Devil (5%). Also Lytham Stout (4.6%) and Slumbering Monk from Joules in Market Drayton (copper coloured and 4.5%)
Also don’t forget https://www.facebook.com/sausageandaletrailswindon?fref=ts
Tonight we have on:
- Hop Inn Ale (4%) from Ramsbury
- Radler (3.8%) from Lytham Brewery
- Posh IPA (5.4%) from Yeovil
- Anubis Porter (5.2%) from Raw
- Old Higby (4.8%) from GWB
We have Arbor’s Fuzzy Logic, a saison with kiwi fruit(!!), at a cheeky little 7%.
Also, Ramsbury’s Ramsberry (geddit?), 4.2% golden flavoured with raspberries. I’m not convinced, a bit of a marmite beer IMHO.
The Yeovil Ruby is still on, as is their Stout Hearted.
Tonight’s beers are:
- Hop Inn Ale 4% from Ramsbury
- Ruby, 4.5% from Yeovil Brewery
- Stout Hearted, 4.3% stout, also from Yeovil
- GWB’s Summer Knights 3.8%
Listen carefully, that tinkling noise is the tumble of Australian wickets.
It just doesn’t get much sweeter and we even have (or probably had) a beer called BARMY ARMY on. Damn it’s gone now, but we do have:
- Pioneer from the Frontier brewery in Derby – 4.3% Golden
- Mr Chubb from West Berks – 3.7% Pale copper
- Yakima Valley from Arbor in Bristol – a stonking 7% Pale
- Entire Stout from Hopback in Salisbury – 4.5%
Woo hoo it’s Friday.
We don’t have any Duff’s beer and we never sell any duff beer (geddit?), but what we do have is:
- Bath Best from Abbey Ales (4%)
- Amarillo from Milk Street Brewery in Frome (4.6% Pale)
- Mr Swift’s Pale Ale from West Berks Brewery (4%)
- Hop Inn Ale from Ramsbury (4%)
- Cornish Porter from Coastal (5%)
Tapped and waiting are:
- Motueka IPA from Arbor (government health warning 6.7%)
- Hop Monster from Coastal (3.8% pale)
- Beast of Bodmin from Penpont, 5% Brown and malty
- SMAC my brew up from Arbor, 4.8% fruity pale ale
- Archer from Lincoln Green, 4% APA
- Tuck, 5% porter, also from Lincoln Green
Waiting downstairs we’ve got
- Redwood, 4.8% red beer from Grain in Norfolk
- A Bomb from Arbor
- Year of Hops (featuring Calypso hop) , 4.4% pale, also from Grain
All the beers I posted last night have gone (except the Dogbolter and that’s nearly gone)!!!!
What’s more, the Lincoln Green “Sherwood” is nearly gone as well.
So we have:
- Sherwood (4.4%) a pale ale from Lincoln Green
- Breakout IPA (6.5%) from Firebrand in Cornwall
- Beast of Bodmin (5%) another Cornish beer, a chestnut ale from Penpont
and tapped in the cellar are:
- Tuck, a 4.7% Porter from Lincoln Green
- Shipwreck Coast, 4.4% Golden from Penpont
- Flerovium, a 4% American Pale Ale from Lincoln Green
Also, I went to the gin tasting at Magnum last night, purely for market research you understand, and next week I’ll have another four on the shelves. I will reveal all next week.